Monday, October 6, 2008

Stepping up our online presence


Hello reader, of whom I hope there will be many more soon.
We are making some important changes behind the scenes here at EVO-world.org and I wanted to let you in on some of what we plan to do.
First of all I'd like to start by introducing myself. My name is Nathan Shetterley, I've been working on the website committee for almost 2 years. Until very recently I was leading a small consultancy based in Quebec City that specialized in M&V, monitoring and targeting, and smart metering solutions.
Among other things, starting today I will be acting as a kind of new media director here at EVO. What does that mean you ask? New Media? Basically I'll be managing and writing a lot for the blog. We are going to try and cover all things M&V, but also more general energy efficiency topics, and will touch on the green movement in business and in day to day life.
In addition to the blog we are going to be hosting a podcast, interviewing some of the smartest people in the energy sector, and hopefully some entertaining ones too.
Lastly we'll keep you updated on our going-ons here at EVO-world.org.
With weekly posts, you may want to sign up to our RSS feed (you can click on the RSS icon on the right at any time to do so), or post comments about what type of topics you'd like to see covered.
Our goal is to be the online center of M&V knowledge. We hope you'll help up and that in the process we become a great resource for everyone.
This weekend I’ll be writing about the importance of transparency in general, but specifically in energy efficiency projects. If you have any requests, feel free to write to me at nathan.shetterley@gmail.com or add a comment here. I’ll be working with the technical IPMVP committee closely so if you have questions that come up often let us know. Really! Anything from retrofits to policy reforms, if it touches measurement and verification let us know and we’ll do our best to find an answer!
I’ll be looking forward to getting to know all of you in the coming months!
Nathan Shetterley